Discover the 10 Secrets of the Mediterranean Diet
The Mediterranean diet is not a diet, it is a way of life. It is a healthy way to eat by replacing the consumption of meat and carbohydrates by plant foods and monounsaturated fats. It’s a healthy and balanced diet in which food is consumed little processed, fresh and in season foods, such as vegetables, fruits, legumes, cereals, fish, white meat, pasta, rice, nuts and olive oil. These healthy consumption habits help prevent heart disease, cancer, diabetes, reduce the rate of obesity and improve brain activity. In this post we will help you to discover the 10 secrets that hides the Mediterranean diet:
1. The olive oil is the best complement of the Mediterranean diet. We recommend that you replace butter and margarine with olive oil for cooking and seasoning food.
2. Vegetables provide vitamins, minerals and fiber to the body. It is recommended that you eat 5 fruits and vegetables a day.
3. Bread, pasta, rice and legumes provide a high carbohydrate content. These foods provide a great source of energy.
4. Eating blue fish twice a week and eggs in moderation. These foods provide a great source of protein.
5. The red meat should be eaten in small quantities. The white meat is healthier (chicken and turkey), low in fat and rich in protein.
6. Consume dairy milk products : cheese and yogurt.
7. The fruit is a healthy dessert to consume on a daily basis. The pastries and sweets should be eaten eventually.
8. Drink a glass of wine a day for food is very healthy.
9. We recommend that you eat a small portion of food, nuts (almonds or walnuts) instead of chips, cookies or snacks, as they contain saturated fats and sugars.
10. Drink 2 liters of water a day.
The Mediterranean diet pyramid shows us what is this diet. Foods that should be eaten in greater quantities are in the database (vegetables, fruits, and grains) and those that are above must be consumed in moderate amounts.
Finally we recommend physical exercise on a daily basis to complement the benefits of the Mediterranean diet.
Momentan keine Kommentare.