Spanish Ensaladilla Rusa recipe
The name sounds funny for lot of people. Why is it called Ensaladilla Rusa if we are in Spain? Well, there is no one right answer. Some people tell that it's because of the style, in which Ensaladilla Rusa is served cold. Other people think that Ensaladilla Rusa was invented by Russians and Spanish just copied the recipe.
I normally make a big portion and I have it for 4 or 5 days.
- 5-6 big potatoes
- green olives
- 2 cans of tuna
- 6 eggs
- 2 carrots
How to make it?
1) Boil potatoes and carrot without skin, add salt;
2) Boil eggs;
3) Cut olives and eggs in small pieces (leave some bigger pieces for the final decoration);
4) Wrinkle potatoes and carrots in some big bowl and mix it with eggs and olives. Add tuna without an oil of the can;
5) Add mayonnaise and mix everything again, try it. It’s tasty, isn’t it? Maybe it needs more mayonnaise? The mayonnaise brand you choose is very important, 70 % of Ensaladilla Rusa taste will be given by the mayonnaise.
6) Make some decoration with the eggs and olives you left before;
7) Cover and keep in the fridge.
No comments to show at the moment.