10 perfect plans for your Christmas on the Costa Blanca
We agree we want this 2020 to be over, perhaps because we trust there will be a change for the better and that 2021 will bring us good things. But before thinking about 2021 we have to think about Christmas, which is just around the corner.
In Spain these holidays are celebrated with the family or with the closest people, we make big dinners, exchange presents and sing Christmas Carols as in most countries, but on the Costa Blanca or Costa Cálida in particular we have something different, something special, and it is our weather.
Can you picture yourself walking along the seashore in the sun in short sleeves on Christmas Day? Well, most likely you can do it here.
But not only that, in our area we like to celebrate and enjoy events and traditions on these dates and although this year we have to be more careful, we want to go out and enjoy Christmas and the festive atmosphere.
That is why we bring you 10 plans to do this Christmas, always in a responsible way, if you decide to spend it in Ciudad Quesada, Guardamar, Torrevieja, Alicante or around this area:
1. Enjoy the outdoors: Walks along the beach, bike routes and outdoor sports are some of our proposals to avoid spending all day at home eating turrón ...
2. And speaking of turrón make sure you try it… it is one of our most traditional sweets, so we recommend you go to the Museo del Turrón in Jijona, near Alicante.
3. If you are near Alicante, do not hesitate to take a walk through its streets adorned with thousands of lights and stop at the Plaza del Ayuntamiento where this year there is an 18-meter-high Nativity Scene, which has obtained the Guinness Record for being the highest in the world.
4. If you prefer to stay in Torrevieja, you can enjoy the ice rink to skate with your friends or family. The funniest plan!
5. Shopping in Torrevieja. Don't wait until the last minute to do your Christmas shopping, make a list of all the gifts and go shopping in Torrevieja! In addition, in many establishments you can get discounts of 50% for your entry into the ice rink. Don´t miss it!
6. Tourism in Rojales. The Rodeo Caves, the Paleontological Archaeological Museum or the Huerta Museum are some of the places that you can go to visit, you will spend a great day where you can also stop to eat a picnic in El Recorral Park and enjoy a natural environment.
7. Gastronomy and getaways. The Hotel La Laguna Spa & Golf **** s has already prepared its Christmas menus, as well as a pack for a New Year's Eve dinner getaway and a hotel night. If you don't feel like cooking at home, enjoy the cuisine they offer, which is exquisite and you will also have a great time and with all the safety and hygiene measures. Oh! And in the meantime, why not a little bit of relax? The Hotel has a Spa with a water circuit, massages, treatments... Treat yourself!
8. Take a dip in the pool (or the Mediterranean sea). It is tradition to take a bath on January the 1st, either on the beach or in your own pool. There is no way to start the year with more energy. You dare?
9. Three Wise Men Parade that will arrive at the Salinas de Torrevieja. An idyllic setting that in 2021 will take the Three Wise Men to one of the most emblematic settings on the Costa Blanca, the Salinas de Torrevieja. Do not miss this event and enjoy with the little ones the magic that the Torrevieja City Council offers us this year.
10. And finally, to start the year recovering your routines, we recommend some golf. If you are in Ciudad Quesada, book your game at La Marquesa Golf, where you can practice your best swing after the Christmas holidays.
We hope these recommendations help you to learn a little more about the traditions of our area, the Costa Blanca of Spain.
If you already have your apartment, your villa or your house in Spain, in locations such as Guardamar, Torrevieja or Ciudad Quesada, we encourage you to go out and enjoy a Christmas atmosphere, but with the sea breeze, with aperitifs on terraces facing the midday sun. This is how we live Christmas in Spain, in a different way, in a special way.
If you still do not have your home in Spain, but you have been thinking for some time about buying on the Costa Blanca, make up your mind thinking about how you want your next Christmas to be. At Euromarina we build your home.
Won´t you love to make your dreams come true?
No comments to show at the moment.