Excellence on the Beaches of the Costa Blanca.
Many of the beaches of the Valencian Community have once again been awarded with the prestigious Blue Flag. A total of 153 beaches along the coastline of Castellón, Valencia and Alicante already enjoy this flag that certifies the quality of its waters, surroundings and services. Our beloved Costa Blanca has a good number of beaches that have once again demonstrated its excellence.
The Blue Flag is awarded based on several factors:
- Water quality, compliance with quality standards, absence of wastes, environmental health of nearby coral reefs and no collection of vegetation unless is clearly a hazard or unhealthy.
- Environmental management, installation and maintenance of waste bins and containers for selective recycling as well as toilets, prohibition of vehicles parking and circulation and garbage dumping, domestic animal control, good conservation of buildings and beach services, promotion of the use of sustainable transport (bike, access on foot).
- Information and environmental education, information on coastal ecosystems, natural and protected areas, updated information on water quality, information on rules of conduct on the beach and on the Blue Flag campaign.
- Security and services, lifeguards, emergency plans, sign posts, accessibility, surveillance and at least one drinking water point.
Compared to last year 2020, Torrevieja has managed to add in 2021 one more blue flag and Guardamar del Segura, Elche and Orihuela maintain the excellence in their Beaches. It should be noted that Orihuela continues to be the second city in Spain with the highest number of blue flags.
Below you can see the list of beaches with blue flags granted closer to our area.
· Elche keeps its five blue flags on the following beaches: Arenales del Sol-Sur, Carabassí, El Altet, La Marina, Les Pesqueres-El Rebollo.
· Guardamar del Segura also maintains its three blue flags throughout its 11km of coastline on these beaches: Center, El Moncayo and La Roqueta.
· Orihuela retains its blue flags on eleven of its magnificent beaches: Aguamarina, Barranco Rubio, Cabo-Roig-La Caleta, Cala Capitan, Cala Cerrada, Cala Estaca, Cala Mosca, Campoamor, La Zenia-Cala Bosque, Mil Palmeras and Punta Prima.
· Torrevieja adds with Cabo Cervera one more blue flag to the following: Cala Pitera, El Cura, Los Locos, Los Náufragos and Torrelamata-Sur.
From Ciudad Quesada and especially at Euromarina we couldn't be happier about this news, since our friends and clients will be able, one more year, to enjoy the quality of the water of our beaches, their services and the environmental information necessary to spend a wonderful summer in our beloved Mediterranean Sea.
And for those of you who still don't know the Costa Blanca, we encourage all of you to come and get to know our excellent beaches!
No comments to show at the moment.