10 Tips for saving money in Spain
Spain is a country with good prices in most of the products, but I’m sure that with this tips you will be able to save lot of money in Spain:
1) Check prices in different supermarkets, they always have some products really cheap and other ones more expensive. Example: Lidl has a good price of meat but vegetables use to have higher prices than other supermarkets.
2) Trains are more expensive than busses. To have a cheap train ticket you have to buy it 2 months before.
3) In restaurants ask about “Menú del día”, it’s served between 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. and normally has a really good price. Is a good chance to try the Spanish typical meals.
4) Instead of eating a big dinner you can have some “tapas”. Two or three tapas with cold beer make you feel great.
5) Most of the museums have a free entrance on Sundays. Also cinemas have a special day with lower tariffs.
6) Everything is more expensive in the city centre, walk a little bit and you will find better prices.
7) There are some petrol stations with lower prices but they use to be crowded. Use a good moment to fill the tank, for example: “siesta” time.
8) Go by bicycle, Spain has such a good weather, so enjoy it.
9) If you are going to stay here, get the Spanish Residency. You can use a public health care and have many other advantages.
10) Buying and renting houses is much cheaper in smaller cities. There are a lot of nice places in Spain, not only Madrid and Barcelona.